Donate to ReStore and Help Others
Waste Connections – St. Louis encourages everyone to consider donating useful items to Habitat for Humanity ReStore to keep reusable items out of the landfill.
ReStore keeps reusable items out of the waste stream and money raised through ReStore sales benefit Habitat for Humanity home building programs and community improvement work.
If you’re undertaking a home remodeling project or just cleaning out the garage and have appliances, full cans of paint, tools, doors, and many other items left over, consider donating those items to ReStore and keeping them out of the local landfill.
ReStore hours and guidelines for donations vary. For a complete list of guidelines for specific and unique items, visit the Habitat for Humanity ReStore website for your area.
Habitat for Humanity of St. Louis ReStore donations can be dropped off at the ReStore during their drop-off hours or picked up. Call 314-678-4576 for more information on dropping off or to schedule a pickup.
Donations must be reusable, structurally sound and complete, cosmetically appealing, and sellable.
ReStore Locations and Hours:
- St. Louis – Forest Park
3763 Forest Park Ave.
St. Louis, MO
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- St. Louis – Des Peres
2117 Sams Dr.
St. Louis, MO
Hours: Wednesday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To schedule a pick-up, or for more information about donations, call 314-678-4576 or visit the St Louis ReStore website.
ReStore items accepted include:
- Electrical Fixtures
- See website for complete list: https://www.habitatstl.org/support/restore/donations/
Final approval of all items is at the discretion of the donation pick-up driver and Habitat ReStore staff. Drivers and staff reserve the right to refuse materials based on current inventory and the items condition.
ReStore cannot accept:
- Appliances older than TEN (10) years
- Cast iron sinks or tubs (unless claw foot)
- Countertops longer than 8'
- Commercial Doors
- Cubicles, workstations, partitions, office desks and office chairs
- Cultured marble tops without matching vanity or base
- Electronics (i.e. TV, computer, fax machine, etc.)
- Entertainment centers or TV stands
- Fabric, including curtains
- Garage doors and garage door openers
- Hazardous materials, including expired chemicals and unmarked containers
- Hollow core, non-paneled doors
- Lumber less than 4 ft. long or warped/damaged/with nails
- Mattresses and box springs
- Metal blinds
- Mirrors without frames
- Paint, new or used, or paint-like products
- Shower doors
- Single pane windows
- Single inserts for storm windows
- Toilets that are not low flow (over 1.6 gallons per flush)
- Used carpet
- Wood or aluminum framed windows
In compliance with “The Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act” ReStore locations are unable to accept the following:
- Kitchen faucets, bathroom sink faucets (sinks can be sold if faucets are removed)
- Pipes and pipe fittings leading to the above appliances
- Plumbed-in appliances (i.e. coffee makers)
- Water heaters
With a little planning, useful items can be donated to help support Habitat for Humanity, as well as make a difference in a family’s life.